Wednesday, October 20, 2010

My GAME Plan and My Students

From the beginning of this course I have focused on how to involve parents in my classroom through the use of a website, as well as how I can be involved in professional development. I feel that I have made much progress through these goals and my GAME plan. My GAME plan will be used to help my students in many ways. By involving parents in my classroom through our classroom website, I am helping students to have the tools they need to be successful. Students will get used to using technology to help with their homework and skill practice. It will also allow parents to see what is going on in the classroom and be involved in their student’s learning.




In addition to this, I want to attend or be involved in technology professional development opportunities. By doing this, I am helping my students as well because I will be bringing to them what I have learned in these conferences. I want to continue my learning in the area of technology so that I am teaching my students with the most up to date information possible.



Through this process I have been reminded that it is so important to be a reflective teacher. I want to continually reflect upon my teaching and how I can better myself. By doing this, I am doing what is best for my students. I want my students to be 21st century learners and be motivated to learn.



Linzie

4 comments:

  1. Linzie,

    Much like you, I have attempted to get students involved with technology by providing various online resources to them via my blog. As we have discussed throughout our coursework, access to technology in the school is not as reliable as we might hope. It is important to provide students and parents with those opportunities outside of school. It is hard to ensure that students, or parents for that matter, will have the baseline knowledge that will allow them to use these resources properly.

    You shared that you will attempt to better your technological skill and knowledge to improve your students' experiences and I believe that this will be quite impactful and benefit the students. Additionally, your reflections will also model aspects of the GAME plan that will help students be successful.

    -Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linzie,

    I too would like to get more involved in technological professional development opportunities. However, there is a definite funding shortage at my school. I probably will continue to look online for that opportunity. In her blog this week, Hayley http://hdangelo.blogspot.com/ brought up Eduphoria for online professional development for technology. I did not yet look into it but it seems like an option.

    Good Luck!
    Craig

    ReplyDelete
  3. Linzie,

    Your idea of getting parents involved in your classroom is a great idea. This will show the parents how you are preparing their children for the future. It should also ensure that you will get support from parents when your students are assigned work they must do at home.

    Your goals of attending professional development are very good as well. This should keep your students on the cutting edge of technology and prepare them for life after school. Good luck with the rest of the school year and keep up the good work.

    Jonathan Garrett

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete