Saturday, October 30, 2010

Final Reflection

The GAME plan I developed included participating in ongoing professional development opportunities, as well as encouraging student and parent communication through a classroom website. The professional development that I did and will continue to pursue is based on technology integration in the classroom. I want to make sure that I have the most accurate, up to date technology in my classroom. I think by doing this my students will continue to succeed and be excited about learning. As far as the classroom website goes, I have had great success. I have a lot of parents viewing my website and using it as a study tool to help their students.

Through implementing this GAME plan, I have found out that my students really enjoy technology use in the classroom. As I evaluated my students, the assessments I used online or on the computer were much higher than the ones I did with paper and pencil. This tells me that my students were more engaged and were willing to complete the quiz on the computer and were maybe bored with the paper and pencil test. Some of my students have trouble focusing and they get distracted while taking a test on paper and with a pencil, whereas the computer tests are more fun and keep their attention. My continued goal is to offer a variety of assessments as Dr. Ross suggests, so that students have the opportunity to use many different methods of testing (Laureate, 2009).


As a result of this course I feel that I am more confident in incorporating technology into my classroom. I feel that I now have some new knowledge of technology forms of assessment, etc. I look forward to seeing how my students will improve their language arts skills through the use of technology in our classroom.

Resource:


Laureate Education, Inc. (Producer). (2009). Program seven. Assessing Student Learning [Motion picture]. Integrating Technology Across the Content Areas. Baltimore: Author.

No comments:

Post a Comment